Here I begin a new endeavour. I came across posts on Gratitude from Parul‘s blog. Her blog is a potpourri of information, motivation and little bit of this and that.
When this year began, I considered writing down monthly gratitude lists.
Purpose of Gratitude List
It is similar to the #100HappyDays Challenge I took up. It is about focusing on the blessings you are thankful for. When you take up this challenge, you make a list of things you are thankful for. Once the first list is prepared, you keep looking for more things you are grateful for, even if it is simply to update in your blog.
This brings a gradual change in your attitude if followed continuously whereby, you begin to look at the brighter side of life. Be it a tiny thing or a very important thing, list them all down.
Here is my Gratitude List for January
1. New Year: My New Year started off with writing. As the count down began, the fireworks started off and half of the world was out celebrating and welcoming the new year, I was rapidly banging at the keyboard and it felt strangely wonderful. When people asked me how I spent my New Year, I said “By writing” and I felt proud.
2. A Trip: In a week’s time, I went to Bangalore on a trip with my friends. It was one of the best trips. We roamed the streets at midnight, had street food, went to a pub, danced, conversed with a bunch of youth in sign language while driving in a car (That was super-funny), went to the national park and I finally saw a real white peacock.I also witnessed one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen.
3. Result: Well well well! I had been struggling with my course since quite some time and was almost about to give up. But the results came and I cleared a group. It was unexpected and shocking I must say.
4. Blogger Friend: Either I was busy or he was. We have known each other for quite some time and we must have crossed paths staying so close. Yet we never met until this month. So, finally I met the very famous – no prizes for guessing – Vampire king himself aka Tennyson Thomas! The King was busy with his movies but still, graced me with his company for some time. 🙂
5. BFF: My best friend came home to stay. Even if it was for a short while, there is nothing like roaming the city and a sleepover with your closest friend. A day spent so well it was.
6. A Friend Hard to Find: There is always one friend who is too busy and difficult to get. Considering the statistics, another best friend of mine met up with me thrice this month which is a very high number. I always trouble him saying he is too busy. But this time, he proved me otherwise. He is extra busy now. Yet, he found time to meet me. 🙂
Here ends my gratitude list for the month. If any of you are interested in taking up making the monthly gratitude list, do let me know. I’ll create a linky and we could compile all the lists in one place. 🙂