Being part of Blogchatter’s Blogbuddy, we are spreading bloglove and so, I take on the baton of Blog Love from Abhinav.
Seven years back, when a friend persuaded me to start a blog, I was skeptical, hesitant and scared for many reasons. When I did, I was sure I wouldn’t write here very often (which is partly true) and soon this will be a forgotten place. Today, all I have to say is that I Love my Blog!
1. For the Freedom to Write Anything – Being a lifestyle blogger, I don’t have to restrict myself. The freedom to publish just about anything, without having to focus on a theme is what keeps me writing. I love my blog for the flexibility it gives me.
2. Timeline of my life –. I started this blog in 2010 and I became really active in 2013. Ever since then, I have stored the little moments in my life here. Twenty years down the lane, I might forget many of those amazing moments but a look at these virtual pages will suffice to remind me of my younger self. This will be my storyland. 🙂
3. For the name ‘A Few Handpicked Things’ – I couldn’t be more proud. I have done so many mistakes in blogging and learnt from them. But I haven’t been more right about its name. This blog is about a few handpicked things in my life. This blog is where I live, what I hear, see, where I go, the people in my life, my desires, my trials and tribulations, happiness; this blog is me in words. I Love myself, so do I love my blog!
4. It helps me grow – Have you seen my lists and bucket lists? Writing down things make you focus more on them. I did not strike off everything from my bucket list 2016. But the ones I did, I struck off only because I wrote them down here. This year, I am bent on striking off more. The reason being, I want to perform better this year. My blog helps me set goals, follow them and helps me grow.
5. Stressbuster – If you have noticed, I blog more during my exam holidays. It helps me de-stress. Writing here during exams helps me clear my head. While studying, I get a truckload of ideas and as long as they are in my head, I can’t focus. This is where I unload them.
6. Makes a Difference – Whenever someone asks me ‘Why this blog?’ I say ‘To absorb the little things in life’. I want to do that so that I can make a difference in someone’s life. When I prepare a bucket list and share, I wish someone would be inspired by it. When I share the story of someone needy, I wish someone somewhere will be inspired to help a needy. When I write about appreciation, I wish someone somewhere will be inspired to appreciate.
I have received a few personal messages that told me how they were inspired to do something because they read it in my blog. My joy knew no bounds. I love my blog for making a difference. 🙂
7. Helps me Connect with People – Being an introvert, I find it very difficult to gel with people, make the first move or connect beyond the peripheral point. To an extent, my blog has helped me connect with people. Through this, I came across blogging communities like Blogadda, IndiBlogger and Blogchatter thereby found some inspiring bloggers and of course, my blog buddies. 🙂
8. For the Sheer Joy of Creating – Creating something is beautiful. I am into creating quilled greetings, jewelries, and bookmarks and sometimes, I put them up on the blog. However, the feeling you get when you get an idea, streamline it, write a blog post, prepare the image, format the entire thing, find the title and hit publish… Goodness! It is inexplicable! Can I call it bloggasm?
9. For the Gifts & Pocket Money – My blog, with the help of above-mentioned communities, bestows upon me so many gifts, prizes, and pocket money. I participate in contests, sometimes win, sometimes get paid, brands and website owners find my mirror (blog) on the web and offer me writing jobs. These are all flattering and encouraging. They happen only and only because of my blog.
10. For the Home that You can Redecorate Anytime! – The artsy folks did have a smile here, right? The blog reflects my mood. The same way we redecorate our house, try moving the furniture to make it look different, add a bit of this here and that there, we like to revamp our blog. Sometimes, I want it to look girly, peppy or loud, sometimes I want it to look calm, composed and inviting and at times, I like it professional. I can do that! I spend hours searching for themes that suit my requirements. I Love my blog not only for helping me express myself through words but through appearances too!
Finally, it does make me look cool you know? 😉 There are many bloggers out there and I do know where I am. Yet, when I say I have a blog, the expression of the person listening to me gives me some sort of a pride, until he is a blogger too. The moment he says so, I vanish. Poof! 😛
I pass on the baton of Blog Love to Srikanth