If you are a frequent instagrammer, you might be aware of some interesting Insta Story games that have been making their rounds. There was one particular story that I liked a lot as it involved asking lots of questions and so I decided to take it up. I put this up on my story:
Some of my friends were very excited about it and send me ‘X’. I asked them these questions:
1. What’s your favourite instagram/blogger account?
2. Which is your favourite season of the year and why?
3. What are the little things in your life that you enjoy the most?
4. Describe me.
5. What do you think of my account?
6. A book/movie recommendation for me.
There were a few who gave such genuine, heartfelt answers that I was overwhelmed. I got to know certain things about myself that I had no idea about. Here is a compilation of book and movie recommendations I got through this exercise. I thought I’d share them with you all:
- The Minds of Billy Milligan
- Agathe Christie
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- The Alchemist
- The Fountainhead
- A Walk to Remember
- Little Miss Sunshine
- The adjustment Bureau
- Midnight in Paris
- Drag me to Hell
- Motorcycle Diaries
And a TV Series recommendation.
1. Game of Thrones (No prizes for guessing 😛 )
It is fun to answer questions like these and so I had lots of fun. I was also supposed to go to each of their accounts and pick one picture that I liked the most. This helped me know each one of them through their pictures and profile. There was more interaction between some of them and that in a way renewed our friendship.
So, will you be willing to play this with your friends? What will be your book/movie recommendations? Do you know any other activity similar to this we could do using stories?
Image courtesy: Books and Movies