How I Intend to Make the Best of 2021
MY FINAL GOAL FOR 2021
- Focus on Health – Food, Exercise, Mind, Water
- Write that Book
- Work on building a routine
It is customary that at the beginning of every year, I write a blogpost on what I intend to achieve during that year. It is a different story that I more often than not, don’t pursue it. But I believe in explicitly setting my intentions and here I am, to do just that.
2020 is a year that just threw us off track and from the energy and vibe I have been getting during the transition between 2020 and 2021, I know that the entire world is hopeful. That is a tremendous amount of collective energy. All of a sudden, the whole world is hopeful that 2021 is going to be a year of change. It’s like Trump losing the elections. Everyone most definitely knows that the successor, no matter who he/she is, ought to be better than Trump! I’d like to cash on this positivity and energy and set my intentions for 2021. If you’ve been looking for a list of things you could accomplish, you can refer mine if any of it interests you.
Note – You might find the usage of pronouns weird as I have been writing to myself. But I’d also like to know what you think of the usage;
ART AND HOBBIES
- One International trip (The First) – Taiwan, because my sister is there.
- One Long Trip in India – Preferably Uttarakhand for a month
- One Must Have trip – Goa. Been planning, but never been here!
- One Girls Only Trip – Could be a part of any of the above
- One Solo Trip – 2021 HAS to be the year I’ll be building up the courage for this.
- Do a 30 Days singing challenge – Just to try different songs and ensure that I sing daily
- Work on a set of songs and get a recording done (Eeeesh! Been working towards this)
- Continue with my carnatic lessons and practice daily
- Get some more action with my Ukulele
- Write everyday – Whether it is a journal, on instagram or on my evernote. Spend 15 minutes everyday to write.
- Work on that damn book – I have a theme planned since years and I haven’t been confident about it. This has been demotivating me. I just need a visible plan and I am not even budging to get to that. My writing goals aren’t going to be heavy. The only goal I am giving myself is to write 15 minutes a day and sketch out a full fledged plan for my book!
- Read everyday right before sleeping
- Make those YouTube videos as and when I get the ideas
- Paint and make macrame art only because I really want to. Just because I have planned it, I don’t want to pressurize myself to go through with it.
- Mental Health:
- Meditate Daily for 10 minutes
- Try to take a deep breath and a break when the stress gets too much
- Stop working beyond the work hours. The more you clear off the plate, the more you get served.
- Say NO
- Try to be in the moment as much as possible
- Physical Health:
- Take a break every hour from work, and stretch.
- Drink 4 bottles of Water – Use the planner for marking this
- Walk daily or do some stretches at the very least
- Observe junk intake
- Eat on Time
GENERAL POINTS FOR MY OWN ATTENTION
- I need to remind myself not to take up all the above activities all at once. These are what I need to accomplish over the year. Start with one, set the foundation and build on them. That being said forgetting this post isn’t going to help me either. 😛 (I have stuck a post it note in my room reminding me to read this post)
- It is okay to take breaks, but get back to the routine. That’s important.
- When depressing thoughts haunt me, DO NOT dwell on them. Observe them, acknowledge them and apply my mind on something engaging and uplifting. I have been practicing this and been getting better at it!
- Be open to plans not falling through. Be open to unforeseen events. Remember that not everything is set in stone.
This is a Goal oriented post intended to jot down my thoughts in improving my life. Using this as a base, I’ll be planning the next few months. If you are interested in joining me in any of these activities, or if you wish to know my progress, you can always get in touch with me. The benefit of laying down your goals for people to see is that, it inspires them, and some of them ask about your progress and even give you the much needed push at times.
Whether you have a plan for 2021 or not, I hope it is a friendly year for you.
This blog post is a part of the Welcome 2021 Blog Hop hosted by Swarnali Nath.